Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Awesomest Hat in the Solarverse


GM was the primary sponsor of Sunrayce, from its inception from 1990 until 1999, when they bowed out.

For Sunrayce 97, GM's day-to-day person was Tom S. the media affairs guy from the Milford Proving Ground. I could, and maybe should, write a whole blog article (or essay or book) about him.

Anyway, Tom gave out these hats at a Sunrayce staff dinner, I think at Applebees. It is really just the nicest hat ever. I have never found its equal. It's made out of brushed cotton, which is just the softest thing ever. The GM logo is embroidered. The colors are bright. And the bill is suede. I put this sucker on, and my head fell in love with it.

As we're exiting the restaurant, the skies open up, and my suede bill gets soaked before I can rip it off my head. And so the bill to this day has those rain stains on it.

No comments: